New Members - Please Read This

New members, pease take a look here in order to get the best from the forums.
Forum rules
Please remember the Terms you signed up to. In summary: respect others. Trolls and repeat offenders will be removed. PM Admin to report issues.
Globalfightback
Site Admin

New Members - Please Read This

Post by Globalfightback »

Hello, thanks for joining, and welcome to the new Build A Better Earth forums. Come down the rabbit hole and debate the world!

Please note that, as a newly registered member, there will be some restrictions on your use of the Board, such as sending private messages to other users, adding hyperlinks to your post etc. These restrictions will be lifted once you engage with the Board by replying to posts or creating your own. To discourage spamming and trolling, the first few posts of every new member require Admin approval before they are visible to other members. After posting a certain number of posts* many restrictions are lifted, allowing you to post new topics and reply to existing ones without admin approval, and you will come out of the Newly Registered User Group into the standard Registered User Group, which has less restrictions on the way you use the Board, and you may at a later date be placed into a group with even more privileges. You will still, of course, need to adhere to the Terms you signed up to, as explained further a few paragraphs below, including not posting spam links or abusive material, to avoid having restrictions or a ban imposed.

I encourage people from every corner of the planet to engage with each other and discuss ideas for helping to make our precious and beautiful world a better place for all - not just the privileged few. The vision when I created the website was to build a global portal for people from all corners of the world to meet, engage, and share ideas and information, and it is hoped that these new forums will play a key part in this. The entire site features SSL secure encryption for passwords etc.

If you are passionate about helping to repair the damage that humans have done to the planet, please engage with others, here and elsewhere, and let's help to contribute towards what will be a very lengthy process that will no doubt require some radical change in both thought and practice.

I believe that forum boards are preferable to social media sites, since debate is archived in a more readily accessible manner - even years after being posted. Most social media sites are full of simplistic and sensationalist content that panders to a herd mindset; here, I wish to encourage serious and objective debate, whilst still finding time to celebrate the lighter side of life.

Feel welcome to start your own discussion topics, and please tell any friends who you think might be interested about our forums and our website at https://globalfightback.org. If you want to be automatically notified of replies to any topic, click on the spanner icon at the bottom of the post and, in the dropdown menu, select 'Subscribe topic'.

You will have been asked to agree to some Terms when you registered for the forums. Please note that these are not to be taken lightly. Any refusal to abide by these Terms, including any abuse towards others, whether they be members of the forums or individuals or groups in the wider world, will result in the post being removed once we become aware of it and, after one unheeded warning (or immediately, at our discretion), you will be removed and blocked from the entire forum board. (Currently there is a spate of people attempting to join this Board simply to post dubious links to other sites that have no relevance to the discussions. It's a sad comment on the way things are on the Web these days but trolls and spammers are everywhere, with no better vision of their time on Earth than to steal wealth and identity from fellow humans. It's an easy life until you confront karma. There is now zero tolerance to such users and they are removed and banned without further warning or explanation, since these restrictions are made clear in the Terms users acknowledge when they sign up). Please debate in a civilised and constructive manner. Anger and inflated egos are not the way forward towards a better world. Please report any abuse by others to Admin, either by PM or via the forum board's Contact form. You are advised not to click any links in other users' posts, including any in their profile signature, unless you are confident you can trust the poster. This is especially true of the posts and profiles of new members and any you may see on the Guest Message Board.

If you wish to personalise the forum board you can do this in the User Control Panel, in the drop-down menu by the login button. You can even choose a completely different template for the appearance of the board: go to the Board Preferences tab in the User Control Panel and try out the available styles in 'My board style' until you find the one you like best. You may find the current default Prosilver option is better suited than others to viewing outdoors in bright sunlight. Please note that if you choose the Blackboard style the Contact icons in the right-hand side panel are not currently configured, but you can still contact Admin via the envelope icon at the bottom-right of the page. You can't currently alter font size for reading content via the User Control Panel, but you can get around this by using the magnification options in your chosen Browser. You can find more information about how to get the best from these forums by taking a look at the FAQ link at the top of this and every page, and also from the official phpbb User Guide here: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.3/ug/userguide/

This topic will give you some further tips towards getting the best from the forums: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50

To avoid potential misuse by spammers, you cannot currently change your username via your User Control Panel. However, if you send a PM to Admin this can be done for you.

Please note that, at the time of writing, this forum board is newly launched and still under construction, come back later to see more details and user advice, both on this post and others that are added below it in the General Information forum.

Enjoy your time here, and thanks for joining. If there's anything you're uncertain of please don't hesitate to contact me, either by PM or via the website email address, gfbconnect@outlook.com.

* this count is subject to change depending on the level of spam threat and is decided by the Board Administrator.
Walter Cronkite

Re: New Members - Please Read This

Post by Walter Cronkite »

Thank you for inviting me
Globalfightback
Site Admin

Re: New Members - Please Read This

Post by Globalfightback »

Walter Cronkite wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:56 pm Thank you for inviting me
It's a pleasure, Walter. I hope you enjoy the forums!